SEO Sydney NSW provides SEO marketing services to businesses in Sydney and around Australia. SEO is not to be confused with SEM (or search engine marketing). The aim of SEO is to generate traffic over time by appearing in the natural search results. SEM on the other hand is pay-per-click.
Our focus is on building traffic over the long term so you don’t have to keep paying for it!
Many Internet entrepreneurs dream of striking it rich through their website. They imagine the flow of traffic streaming to their site and untold thousands of visitors purchasing their products or services.
If you are new to Internet marketing, you’ve probably heard many terms being thrown about like optimisation, keywords, alt tags, and more. You may even know that using something called SEO might be a good way to get your business noticed online. But what is this kind of marketing, and how can it benefit you?
Get a FREE SEO Analysis today!
Defining a strategy
Do an online search for SEO marketing and you might be surprised to discover that there doesn’t seem to be any one basic definition, so let’s create one now…
SEO marketing is a series of strategies that use such functions as keywords, meta tags, alt tags, hyper-linking, social marketing, and info-graphics to amplify qualified traffic to your website. The optimized words and images on your website have the potential to drive viewers to your site and position your website high(er) in search engine rankings of the most popular search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
So what is the SEO benefit your business? The ultimate goal of any online marketing strategy is to drive viewers to your website and influence them to purchase your services and/or products. SEO is one tool that can facilitate that traffic flow. Let’s look at some of the potential benefits:
- Traffic –You have developed a website to increase your business, haven’t you? Websites that pop up in the first few pages of a major search engine tend to make more favorable impressions on those who are searching for services and products like those you offer.
- Brand awareness – the higher your search engine ranking, the more viewers who become aware of your “brand”. Website visitors tend to trust brands that appear in the first search engine pages (indicating a good web presence).
- Outdistancing the competitionn – you want customers to be able to easily find your website. When two businesses are pretty much the same in terms of products and pricing, and one business is SEOd (search engine optimized) and the other is not, which business might be more successful?
- Cost effective marketing – SEO strategies target those clients and customers actively searching for your products and services. More traditional strategies (like cold-calling) tend to have a lower return on investment than the leads-turned-to-customers resulting from effective SEO
- Website usability –The best sites are those focused on the customer or client. When your website is effectively SEOd, it is easier for your customers to use AND remember.
SEO marketing is only one aspect of the search marketing mix, and not the complete answer to all your online marketing needs. But when carefully used, it can be a powerful marketing strategy that helps drive more traffic to your business. The rest is up to you, your ability to build customer trust, and to deliver on your product or services promises.